COVID-19 Panel discussion announced1 September 2020
We are pleased to announce the second panel discussion for our Minesafe International Digital Conference 2020, ‘The global impact of COVID-19 on the resources sector’.
Experts from around the globe will join in a conversation moderated by Stephen Durkin, CEO, AusIMM, to discuss some of the key points below:
- Restrictions currently in place on mining operations, including absolute lockdowns, partial suspensions, restrictions on production, social distancing rules and other health and safety precautions/restrictions which directly affect miners’ ability to operate.
- Exceptions for mining operations, including (for example) continued transport of goods, security operations, and more significant operations that cannot be easily shut down and restarted.
- The potential economic impact of the outbreak on the country’s economy.
- New innovations and technology that have been implemented to assist in the safety of mines and the health of their employees.
- Success stories to be shared with others in the global industry.
- Insights on any future policy decisions including expected duration of restrictions and proposed changes or relaxations.
CEO of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM)
Head of Health Department, Minerals Council South Africa
Energy Division – Head of Operations of the United Kingdom Health & Safety Executive
Associate Dean: Research and Innovation, Faculty of Engineering of the Namibia University of Science and Technology
President of the Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers (IIME)
Head of International Office and Senior Lecturer of Mining Management Department of the Hanoi University of Mining and Geology, Vietnam
Member of the Board of Instituto de Ingenieros de Chile